Sunday, May 15, 2011

A lovely way to spend a Saturday

I learned yesterday, that I couldn't rely on my Blogspot to sell my goods. It was down on Friday (read only) and then they took recent posts off to fix a problem. Then they said they were restoring the posts they removed. However  when I checked it yesterday something was still missing and it still is today. Oh well!

So I spent a good part of yesterday opening My Etsy Shop and dressing it up.
My Etsy Shop was open for about an hour when I got a message from Danielle from Alphabet Emporium. She had listed my Baby Dragon in her Five Gifts to Give or Get on her site http://alphabetemporium.tumblr.com/post/5471715968/five-friday-gifts-to-give-or-get
Danni also gave me some wonderful advise about starting out on Etsy and making my business grow. Your a wonderful, thoughtful woman and I thank you again for your wisdom and caring.
You made my day!

I also did some shopping! <3
I put in a order for some custom fabric tags for my creations. Which will look a little like this.


I ordered some more beautiful fabric from Hawthorne Threads. I have a couple of things planed for these.


This is Patricia Bravo's Bazaar Style Exotic Flora in Deep.



This is Patricia Bravo's Lace Elements in Plum.

Gorgeous aren't they! I've seen some pictures of these fabrics used in quilts and clothes. Thanks to Hawthorne Threads great website! The colours look a lot brighter in those, so I'm so excited to see them up close!

I also made a quick trip to Spotlight, however I'm sure my husband would try and say different! There I got some much needed filling, some of my favourite coloured thread (green!)


and some beautiful, vibrant coloured felt! The colour in this photo is good, however the true colour is so more vibrate in the turquoise.


I can't wait to use them all!

So I'm hoping at some point today to start cutting and sewing my newest design. Well I made one before, but I've thought of some changes I'd like to make. I never like making things simple! It's a small design, but it has a lot of detail. I made the first one for my son over a year ago now and it still looks great, if I do say so myself! Lol!

So take care!

Mother Dragon

No comments: