Friday, April 29, 2011

What a wonderful day

What a exciting day! Firstly my wonderful Sister In-law helped me by putting the word out about my Facebook Page. Now I have 35 likers and because I have over 25 I now have my own username. So if anyone wants to have a look and maybe like my page :-) you can go to http://www.facebook.com/motherdragoncreations

Secondly.
The fabric I ordered is here!!!! It feels like Christmas! I've have taken heaps of photos of them already, even while they were in the washing machine! (embarrassed look) Can you tell I'm excited?!

So finally I have something to show you! Here's a little teaser.


So I tried Zig Zag stitch on the cut edges to stop it from fraying. As you can see below, it worked rather well.

A cold hand wash in the front loader with a NP fabric detergent (which i always use) and a extra rinse.


I put them in the dryer, because it softens them up without having to use fabric softer (I think the less fragrances and cleaners the better).

Then I ironed.


Which has never been a family favorite! Growing up at home, if my Mum got the iron out, we got the camera, because it was a really rare site, The Domesticated Mother! Lol! Same was done with the sewing machine. If something ever needed repairing it went in the Fifth Domination, also known as the linen cabinet, and was never heard of again!
Funny enough the same goes with me! Lol! My husband irons he's own clothes, i buy clothes i don't have to iron (definitely a trait i got from my Mum). It bewilders me, people that iron everything including underwear!?
I hate repairing things, which means when I sew something from scratch, I aim to make it last!

However! I liked ironing this fabric!
Note to self: Buy an ironing board already! It will make life easier! A new iron wouldn't hurt either.

I don't know about anybody else, and your probably going to ask me, why I do any of this, but I don't really like cutting out the pieces! It would be nice to leave the beautiful fabric all folded up in a lovely colourful pile, but I enjoy the sewing (especially by hand!) and the completion too much! It's just so time consuming (I want to sew and I want to sew now!) and a little worrying, because most of the time I'm trying one of my own designs and I'm still new to this sewing thing, and I don't want to waste beautiful fabric!

However I have tried out my design on some old pillow material and if it can look good with that, it should look wonderful in this!

So you should hear from me again very soon! In the mean time I'll should be kept very busy.

Take care
Mother Dragon

No comments: