Saturday, April 16, 2011

Welcome to my new Blog!

Welcome to my new Blog! I originally started this blog for Scrapbooking, but a lot has changed since then, and a lot of time has gone by. So I thought, out with old and in with the new. I do hope to come back to it now and then, but this blog is dedicated to my new love...... sewing.

When I was pregnant with our second child, I got this strong urge to sew. I have always been artistically inclined, but I hadn't done any sewing since high school and all I made then was a hanging bag for plastic bags (which my Mum still uses today,
Awww!). The only other time i tried to sew something, i think i was in primary school and i sewed a top. Which was basically a piece of straight material that wrapped around that did up with lots of eye hooks at the front and straight straps over the shoulders. So when I had a urge to sew a patchwork quilt, it was a little daunting, but I loved it! I love sewing even though back then, as well as today, I have to do things the hard way. I didn't want to trying binding, I thought, at the time it was a bit beyond me, but it would have been easier just to do it. I didn't have a pattern, but really, how hard is a square patchwork quilt to make. When it came to quilting I stitched in the ditch and then stitched dragonflies on 9 squares. I probably should say at this point that I didn't use a sewing a sewing machine. I love to sew by hand and was very, very reluctant to use a sewing machine. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago (before I wrote this) that I familiarized myself with a sewing machine again. With a little help from my Father In-law (thanks for your instructions and the use of one of your sewing machines) and YouTube, I finally got the basics of driving it sorted.

So between the quilt and now I have made lots of different thing and I'm working on my own designs and hope it won't be long before I can list them here for sale. Softies (Soft toys) will be the main feature, I'm currently working on the second prototype and am awaiting a fabric deliver to make the first batch.

So I hope to Blog to you soon. Take care.



Here is a picture taken last year of my cheeky little man, modeling on the quilt I made him.

No comments: