Thursday, November 8, 2012

No more excuses

No more excuses now for not blogging, things will probably come up now and than, but it's a lot easier now. I got a NEW iPad last week, it's a early Wedding Anniversary/Christmas from my husband :-). I originally got a ASUS Transformer, but after five days, I discovered I couldn't blog with it. Which is why I wanted a tablet with a keyboard to begin with. So I exchanged it, I miss the Transformer, it was pretty, the live wall papers were fun and it had it's good points, but I think Google needs to do some more work on there OS.The iPad is great and works well with our Mac and my iphone. I have been having all kinds of hell trying to blog this post for about a week. I have found a App that I have purchased and am using at the moment. It looks wonderful and has great video tutorials on how to use it. Fingers crossed it works. I'll let you know how it goes.Enough about tech stuff. What have I been sewing lately? Well I started a cover for the Trasformer, lol. Then i followed a free tutorial online to make one for an iPad, but I wont go into that much now. I'll post about that next time.I've made a couple of presents lately for my friends daughters. Here is a picture of one of them.
This was for her one year old. So cute hey? It looked great on.

Before this I recovered a computer chair we bought from a garage sale for $5. Here is the before.

Ugly! I stripped it apart with the help of my wonderful husband.

I had to use Tula Pin k's Parisville Cameo for the back of the chair, because it is my all time favorite design! I know I used cotton fabric instead of upholstery fabric, but I figured as this chair is for my sewing and I don't usally sit back in it, it should be ok. It has a layer of thicker white fabric between the foam of the seat and the top layer of fabric.

It was SO painful stapling it to the back of the seat as it was plastic and not wood. I think I used every foul word I could think of, oops.

I was very happy with the results though.

I pulled a bunch of fabric that complemented the Cameo colour scheme. I used the middle one of the white and black text print and rejected the other two. I know there isn't any black in the Cameo, but I wanted someething a little more interesting than just white or white on white. I don't think it will show the dirt as bad either.

This is the work in progress on my design wall, just ignore the ironing board and my other project in the works at the top.

I decided to do a triangle patchwork on the bottom part of the chair (seat). Again it's just cotton fabric, but I thought if I quilted it with Batting and backing fabric, it might hold together ok.

I was a bit lazy not measuring it all out, so I just quilted as I went. Do you like my sewing machine? Isn't she beautiful!

I just quilted along each edge of each seam. It's not going anywhere!

So this is the end result. It was much easier to staple this one on, as the base was wood. I'm SO pleased with it.
I sould be back soon with another post, untill than, please fee







l free to comment or send me a message. I'd love to hear from anyone that is reading my blog.

Thanks

Mother Dragon

 

 

No comments: