Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I've Been Busy!


I've been busy!

I did forget to mention last week that I made a pincushion for my father in-law for his birthday. I used yellow and blue felt, Parramatta Eel's colours. He said he like it and that he needed a new pincushion (yes he sews!). I made my own pattern, cause it's not hard! It did turn out rather big though, he will probably be able to stick every pin he owns in it!

Next I made myself a pincushion, yah! Finally!!! My husband is pleased that I no longer use my pants, or the couch as one. I did use a free pattern I found online.



It's called Square Deal Pincushion by Heather Bailey. I don't know why, I used a pattern, it wasn't exactly the easy way for me. The reason being that I don't have a good printer, nor does it have any ink in it (I've given up on it!). So I (I can't help but laugh at this myself!), had my ruler against the monitor, measuring the pattern! LOL! I never do things the easy way, even when I do use a pattern! 

Next I made a notebook cover for Red Granny Dragon Birthday. 



This one is a design of my own. Again, not too difficult. I really enjoyed making this. Not only was it finished in one day (I sewed it by hand), I didn't have to stuff it! 

I don't know about you, but I'm see a pattern here. Yeah I made both of these items in my latest fabric delivery from Hawthorne Threads. Bazaar Style Exotic Flora in Deep and Lace Elements in Plum by Patricia Bravo. I'm loving this fabric, if you can't tell. 

I also finished the Baby Dragon for Sam.




As you can see I have changed the eyes slightly as some people thought the last one had white pupils. What I'm trying to achieve is refection of light on a large black iris, in other words, big puppy dog eyes. I  think this version achieves this and they just cry out to you "Pick me up! I want cuddles."   


I'm loving seeing my logo stitched into my work.

At this time I don't know when I'll be starting on my next Baby Dragon. As I have a fair few more things to make for Birthday presents this month, and a new pattern to design, so I better get to it!

Take Care

Leacena 



No comments: